whooped in kyoto
5 blue belts, a purple and 2 browns jumped me from all sides, barely holding me down...while the professional shooto accadamy boxer came and had his way with me...
well, ok, they came one at a time...but they did all get a piece of me in the end. fantastic roll at the kyoto dojo (thanks taku!)...unfortunately they're closing until the new year and won't open again until I'm gone for china.
...and to give even more perspective, although I was getting tapped left, right and center, I also did my share of submitting. couldn't touch the brown belt, but he didn't get me either...and I was 2:1 with the blue belts...they'd get 2 for every one of mine, that is...lost count in the end.
all was good except for the vomit; I ate too much dinner and had to purge myself after the first 3 rolls...they set quite a pace! 5 minutes on, 1 minute rest...repeat...some guys tried to break off and do some drilling, but the instructor said "no, today is sparring only!"
I'm feeling it today...especially my neck...perhaps from when mr. shooto (think garuda + brown belt) got me in a poorly angled rear naked choke and I refused to tap...yet no real injuries, and my thirst has been stoked!
we forgot the camera battery, otherwise I'd post some pics ;(
how can anything legal be this much fun?
miss you all,
d
well, ok, they came one at a time...but they did all get a piece of me in the end. fantastic roll at the kyoto dojo (thanks taku!)...unfortunately they're closing until the new year and won't open again until I'm gone for china.
...and to give even more perspective, although I was getting tapped left, right and center, I also did my share of submitting. couldn't touch the brown belt, but he didn't get me either...and I was 2:1 with the blue belts...they'd get 2 for every one of mine, that is...lost count in the end.
all was good except for the vomit; I ate too much dinner and had to purge myself after the first 3 rolls...they set quite a pace! 5 minutes on, 1 minute rest...repeat...some guys tried to break off and do some drilling, but the instructor said "no, today is sparring only!"
I'm feeling it today...especially my neck...perhaps from when mr. shooto (think garuda + brown belt) got me in a poorly angled rear naked choke and I refused to tap...yet no real injuries, and my thirst has been stoked!
we forgot the camera battery, otherwise I'd post some pics ;(
how can anything legal be this much fun?
miss you all,
d

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home